Monday, October 27, 2008

England

On friday morning I had my last exam for my urban planning class.  After that I went to Amsterdam to catch a flight to London where I visited my friend Mark.  He was an exchange student at Wisconsin a couple years ago.  Usually there isn't much of a sunrise because of the clouds, but that day it was nice.   
This is Mark's friend's apartment where we stayed in London on friday night.

Lots of security at the parliament building.



The London Eye, a big ferris wheel with big glass rooms instead of chairs.

Walking along the River Thames.
London pub food was not as expensive as people say, and was definitely the best food i've had in a restaurant since I was in Italy.  This was a chicken pie.
The Tate Modern is an art museum in the city.  It had these little plastic things on the floor in one area for kids to have some fun.
This was the main exhibit.
Millenium Bridge looking toward Saint Paul's Cathedral. 


Green Park is next to Buckingham Palace.

This is one of the gates of Green Park.



Saturday after we saw the city we drove to Leamington Spa to stay with some of Mark's other friends from school.  His university is a few miles away.

No comments: